Wednesday, July 06, 2005

My First Mash-Up: Get Behind Me, LL Cool J



"Producer"'s notes: OK, it's a bit lame and stumbles in places... more than once but it's my first one and you didn't want me to continue to obsess about it. As the Ramones would say, "just get out there and do it". I promise my next one will be better....

My original attempt was to marry Low's "California" with "Going Back to Cali" but, wow, that sure didn't work. So I went with the B-side and thought who better to complement LL Cool J's mack poetry than Jack "Ladies Love" White the Ripper and Meg White's back to basics drumming. -- DJ V.M.

"Jack The Ripper's Thinking About the Doorbell" - L.L. Cool J vs. The White Stripes


Source material:
  • "Jack the Ripper" came from the b-side of the "Going back to Cali" 12" Single by LL Cool J
  • "The Doorbell" comes from The White Stripes' newest CD, Get Behind Me Satan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's cool - Meg is drumming for LL's rap.

bvsc said...

Fantastic work; keep 'em coming!

trill42 said...

It's awesome!

escapegrace said...

Down with obsessing. Congrats!