Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Pig Champion, Guitarist, Poison Idea Died January 30th


"Laughing Boy" - Poison Idea from the Drinking is Great compilation

I contacted them once and offered my place as a crash pad if they would only come to Washington and play. They wrote back and said sure but suggested I instead come out there and see them (no offer of a crash pad, though, ha ha). "Laughing Boy" is the best representation of Pig's sizzling guitar work in their seminal early period.

The creatures gather:

3 comments:

Eric XXL said...

Given the lifestyle it shouldn't be a surprise, but still kinda bummed. Raise a 40oz. to Tom Pig

Anonymous said...

Sadness as the legends drop...I would have to agree with you as I did a post and put "Laughing Boy" as the final track becuae to me, this was "blueprint" American Hardcore...

Anonymous said...

thanks for the heads up, hofboyy. very sad. coincidentally, i spun some "pajama party" at my dj gig last weekend...