Monday, December 20, 2004

Arcade Fire


I read some newspaper article recently that purported to tell people how to publish the most successful blogs. One of the rules is your postings must be easily read within 15 seconds and the other is to post three times a day. I just found that funny since its not exactly the rules I adhere to (then again, I'm not claiming to be "successful").

Courtesy of Bradley's Alamac is the Arcade Fire live show at TT Bears and a wonderfully detailed review (Bradley's obviously not adhering to the 15 second rule either..) with links to songs from the show - "Neighborhood #3/Rebellion" is my choice for best cut because it seems to weld together the Shins with U2 and the Talking Heads) - not the best sound quality but you can certainly get the point about Bradley's enthuasiastic review of the show and the crowd reaction.

Above picture is from the CD - if you actually bought the package - its the lyric sheet in the form of a program that you might receive at a funeral. Unlikely, that this band will be dying anytime soon, though.

UPDATE: Come to think of it, the unifying theme of this post is that Arcade Fire also likes to break rules - changin tempos and melodies on a dime, referencing "uncool" bands.


Posted by Hello

10 comments:

Jim H said...

hmmm... looking at this font, I think its probably best my future posts with this new template use this font, it looks alot nicer here than it did on the old template.

Jonathan Wright said...

Hey--great blog! Love it!

Wondering if you were interested in swapping links?

Unfinished Novellas
http://unfinishednovellas.blogspot.com/

Jim H said...

Come to think of it, I think another rule is that you should only post "fresh" links to outside sources. Bradley's post is only a month old - izzat fresh?

Jim H said...

Today, Largehearted Boy linked to an Arcade radio show set of MP3s - here's the URL: http://www.casadepunk.com/bootlegs/public/Arcade%20Fire%20CBC%20Radio%203%20Session%20%20(10_2_2004)/

Eric XXL said...

Jim... I was waiting for the punch line. How to write a successful 'mp3' blog? Why, write about Arcade Fire.

Kidding of course. I too, like everyone else in blogdom, like what I've heard from Arcade Fire.

thenoiseboy said...

Hey...I've been peeping your blog for awhile. I totally dig it. If you feel up for it, would you please link to my blog? Thanks...

Jim H said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
thenoiseboy said...

P.S. For more writing on the Arcade Fire (a long concert review), click over to here:

http://theblankgeneration.blogspot.com/2004/11/show-of-year.html

Jim H said...

Hi - I'll link to your blogs when I do my next template update. Thanks for reading.

Eric, that's a good punchline. yeah, I guess its cliched to talk about AF especially so many months after the more trendy blogs were covering them but, hey I'm about things that happened in the past anyway.

It's just that they got me through a long subway ride this morning and also I wanted to give them props for the nice packaging in their CD ...

plus I was kinda pissed that people had posted their entire album.

And finally, while the rest of the album hasn't hooked me as much as "Wake Up" (the freebie MP3 that's been floating around), I like some of the cuts very much.

Phil said...

i enjoyed the live track that you posted but... i still can't really get into the album that much. something about the vocals nags me in a bad way.