Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Not so random blog crawl

Ever since I began using Google Reader, I've been all up in the blogs and not discovering shit weeks after the links have been taken down. Up until I never really found an RSS aggregator that I liked. Sure, it needs some things but it's free, so I ain't complaining.

Nice thing about it is it's web-based so I can browse during lunch with all my same preferences.

So, since I'm kinda being lazy about getting my next post up (hey, it's Foetus, it can wait), here's some good stuff from today:

Chromewaves has a new cut from the Catfish Haven record up. I raved about them a few months ago based on their SXSW cut.

Bradley's Alamac has a couple of real fine Silkworm cuts up - side by side with three MP3s from an upcoming Silkworm tribute record. With the exception of the cut from Temper (MP3 poorly tagged). I'm not too impressed by the tribute cuts but the Silkworm songs hit the spot and Bradley's got the album listing and some obsessive trivia about the participating bands.

Everybody's pulling out their fave Sufjan Stevens Christmas songs in light of a recently announced Xmas album from the boy. You Ain't No Picasso has a good one.


Finally, 20 Jazz Funk Greats reimagines some real annoyingly good lo-fi noise-"rock" as Italian folk tales.

...and in non-MP3 blog land - Brix Smith goes upscale; IF Stan Lee wrote Watchmen; Multi-media dome - ultimate sound system?

And finally, the ftp file searcher's new best friend? Gegereka... click the file format you want to search and then go to the bottom of the page and "search within results" - here's a slow-loading Pink Floyd live cut song - "Green Is The Colour"

Picture via the Man From U.N.C.L.E - Calcutta Affair

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least you got me informed of the latest from one of my favorite artists. Keep on blogging!