Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Oh Sweet! Battlestar Galactica mini-eps

Man, this show brings out my inner teen-age geek... we get to see what life is like under Cylon rule. ...thanks Boing Boing...

More highlights from today's web browse:

Brit blogger Herschell Hershey writes a beautiful tribute and travelouge of his visit to Soulsville, Tennessee and the Stax museum. Take some time to read it if you have any love of this music... I'm tempted to take the road trip now.

Funky16Corners unearths some fine lost "funk-y" drumming with a rip from Bernard "Pretty" Purdie's 1968 vinyl. He's the guy that claimed he drummed on some Beatles cuts.

Finally, instant groovy love for this "end of summer" cut by Mountaineer being fronted by music (for robots) today... like I said, sweeeet....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seem to remember a while back that you mentioned something about putting up Smoker's Paradise... Still thinking about that? I'm dying to hear Eat Lead.

Kirk Elder said...

Thanks for the mention - you should go, the Stax museum is great.

Anonymous said...

Did you just say stax museum? Have you been there? It really rings a bell but I ma not sure where I heard it.