Sunday, July 18, 2004

In case you aren't wondering, I'm spending the day with Dr. Disc Doctor cleaning the current box of records. The results are pretty stunning making your vinyl look like it just came out of the cellophane and reduces surface noise incredibly. When I get my digital camera working again, I'll take pictures of my workspace. Suffice to say, I'm glad I kept my old turntable since the pad makes for a good surface. I'm also using my dishwasher rack to hold the drying vinyl. One early mistake I made was applying too much cleaning fluid but that's no biggie, just rinse it and dab it with some tissue. When I get finished, I should be able to get back to digitizing my discs (I'm taking all of next week off -- the last leg of my extended vacation -- so hope to get to some of this done).

1 comment:

Jim H said...

I don't know why I didn't do this earlier!