Saturday, September 03, 2005

Spoilt Victorian Child Starts Next Phase in World Takeover

Simon from SVC was an early encourager of Vinyl Mine so he'll always be right up there in my list of great people in music blog land. Well, he's really taken SVC to places I would never have the energy or brains or wherewithal to do - he added on other reviewers, brought in a forum, snazzed up his blog code and now he's announced a record label. I think that's great and a natural evolution similar to when some fanzines like Touch and Go, Bomp! and Slash went into the record biz. Nothing like the fans to push out stuff with good taste (although I admit Slash went places I didn't neccesarily agree with).

Here's a recent email he sent to me so I thought I would pass it on verbatim. I haven't listened to the tunes herein because I'm kinda on a short vacation this (extended) weekend and my bandwidth is limited and Simon's kinda electronicish at times but he likes The Fall and The Butthole Surfers (80's version) so he can't be all that bad. I promise I'll take a listen to them later on and recommend any good tracks but for now you're on your own.


Hi, Simon from the Spoilt Victorian Child blog thing here.

Firstly I’d like to apologise for the mass mailout

I hate them myself, but it would take me a month to write to all of you…

So I understand if this goes straight in the bin.

And secondly…

Last week I started something that I’m quite excited about… SVC Records.

At the moment It’s just a download based net label, with two releases… but there will be a few more this month and I’m eventually going to try and get vinyl and CD releases sorted… just lack of cash stopping me at the moment.

Anyway, here’s a few tracks for you to download from the first two albums.

First up we have a few from Mike Seed…. Folky Pop.

www.svcrecords.co.uk/sample/Mike_Seed__Putting_The_Fountain_To_Sleep.mp3

www.svcrecords.co.uk/sample/Mike_Seed__Jack_Frost_Blues.mp3

www.svcrecords.co.uk/sample/Mike_Seed__William_In_A_Trance.mp3

www.svcrecords.co.uk/sample/Mike_Seed__High_Water_Mark.mp3

Mike’s page can be found at www.svcrecords.co.uk/artist_mikeseed.html


And secondly we have some from The Palace Lido…. Electroish.

www.svcrecords.co.uk/sample/The_Palace_Lido__Neo_Maxi_Zoom_Dweebie.mp3

www.svcrecords.co.uk/sample/The_Palace_Lido__Vous_Envoyant_Cette_Forme.mp3

www.svcrecords.co.uk/sample/The_Palace_Lido__Its_A_Jungle_At_The_Zoo.mp3

The Palace Lido’s page can be found at www.svcrecords.co.uk/artist_palacelido.html

Well I hope you find something you like there, It goes without saying that I’d love it if you could write something, feel free to link to the tracks if you fancy, and if you require any more info and the like just drop me a line.

All the best

Simon

X

www.svcrecords.co.uk

www.spoiltvictorianchild.co.uk

No comments: