Thursday, December 15, 2005

My Christmas Song: Anal Satan


So last year, I was feeling all gushy and mushy and this year I'm all cynical about the holy days. The only difference I can think of is that I'm one year older and I'm dealing with an insatiable (younger) girlfriend when last year I was just another member of the Lonely Guy Club.

You'd think it would be the other way around.

This isn't really a Christmas song but its about as blasphemous as I can get and it sums up my feelings about the season. Maybe because its taking away from valuable sack time.

It comes from the "Olympia Must Die" 7" by the Witchypoo roving collection of misfits -- and its a cover of a Melvins song - Joe Preston is on the record too - probably not a coincidence, that.

It was released back in August but I've just gotten around to ripping it to digital.

People seem to hate this band but listening to this, I can't see why. Sure, it ain't gonna be on The O.C.'s Season Finale or even Sleeper Cell (where it might actually work) but it blows away any other electroclash I've heard this year.

Merry Fucking Christmas. Now I have to go shopping. Thank you Baby Jesus.

"Anal Satan" - Witchypoo (thin the herd records)

No comments: