Tuesday, August 03, 2004

around the block:

something I learned today.... offers up Minutemen's "Corona" which you may know as the opening chords to MTV's Jackass.

large-hearted boy linked (then removed) a Greg Ginn interview I hadn't seen before in Citizine. I think it's kinda old which is probably why he delinked it but interesting nonetheless.

fluxblog flashmob in progress.

excerpts up from the new nick cave album...

want a FREE, SIGNED copy of a cerebus comic? follow the instructions here (neil gaiman's journal)

looking to join a new literary movment? warren e. links to the transrealist manifesto by rudy rucker, current guest blogger on boing-boing.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...first a Divine Horsemen post, then a Howard Wuelfing link. (Or I guess vice versa.) I'm impressed, not to say delighted. I'm sure you don't do requests, but if you'd ever post the killer track off the Howard & Tim's Paid Vacation record ("That Won't Make You Love Me") I'd be triple-delighted. Been looking to replace that cut from my long lost LP for ages.

In any case, nice work.

Jim H said...

Wish I had a copy, mate - I don't think I do...

Anonymous said...

i have the vinyl, but not the way to turn it to bits. i am no help whatsoever. sorry.

--squirrel

Anonymous said...

That Greg Ginn interview was hard to read. Is it punk rock to NOT EDIT your work? "Hello?" "Hello." "SOunds like you have a dog, hyuk hyuk." Sheesh.

Jim H said...

I don't know if it is punk (I mean what would William Greider or Simon Frith say to that?) but I did see it quite alot in the fanzines in the '80s perhaps as a rejection of the notion of having an editor or getting between the subject and your audience that was so in vogue with New Journalism. but yeah, I can see editing out the dog barks -- you might as well just put the interview up as a recording if it comes down to that.