Sunday, November 12, 2006

Wedding Song


Who says I have no shame? Who says I don't put my own ass out there? All those bands I criticized in the past*, here's your turn.

I spent a good part of this weekend composing, practicing and recording attached song for afore-mentioned SongFight. Song Fight is sort of the equivalent of that November write-a-novel-in-a-month dealio except it's more like write and record a song in a week.

It's the first thing I've actually put much into in terms of song writing for like 18 years, so be gentle. My guitar playing sucks, I know -- I'm a drummer - you should see my ham-hock hands - I can't do an F-Chord for shit.

I also know I have alot more to learn with this recording equipment, that's for sure. This is the first time I've used this Tascam 2488 thing - it's been sitting looking at me for about six months.

5 tracks - two with ambient guitar, one for vocals and two for cymbal and snare. It was probably Take 12.

Hey, it's lo-fi. I'll try to leave it up for a long time - must be a masochist or something.

"Wedding Song" - J Hofmann

This song:

Creative Commons License


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.


PHOTO CREDIT:

Photo above by: Emily Geoff

There is a Creative Commons license attached to this image. AttributionNoncommercial

UPDATE: Just listened to this on my laptop -- I really got the recording levels wrong, sorry. Obviously, I have a lot to learn. I wish my old 4-track was still working, sigh, so much easier.

* Pillsbury Hardcore fans, let it rip... (and I truly apologize that my posting comes up first when you google your band).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel those lyrics, Jim.